Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Old Man WInter's last kick?

Hopefully, the snow and winter weather we got yesterday was the final kick of winter for us. I don't mind snow...it is beautiful but round these parts it is messy and makes the roads scary. The snow falling yesterday was actually perfect for me because I was off work and could just enjoy it. ☺ The really neat thing was they were big fluffy flakes like what you see in Utah or Colorado not the anemic flakes we normally get here.

I am excited for spring. I have my garden(s) almost completely planned out and I am itching to get them going. Have some spinach and lettuce going right now ( you can see the little guys in the video above) which hopefully means in a few weeks I can start getting my salad from my garden. ☻

4 comments:

Pirate Princess said...

So fun! All you gardeners itching to start - I'm so glad the growing season is short up here! :D

Anonymous said...

Did it stick over there? Sarah said it stuck in montgomery.
Thank you for the video:)
Hugs
mE

skinny minny said...

mE, it kind of stuck we didn't get alot of accumulation but even with the sun out and temp up the snow is still around in thew shade.
Texasblu, don't know if I can truly be called a gardener yet. ☺ but I have fun messing around with it. ♪♫♪♥♥♥

FranE said...

I haven't told you. I like your new look on the blog. I am glad we can walk now.