Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Need to get better at this again...

I think facebook has stolen me! I really need to fight the urge to put everything there because there are just details that can't be expressed in the alloted space. Though it is so much easier to post pictures with my new droid phone on there. Just open up the fb app and click take picture, point, shoot and send.
Been busy with the garden. Been able to harvest lots of spinach and lettuce, hoping to keep being able to by having some of the plants shaded by my tomato plants and by putting some later crops in but I know with lettuce I may be sparse during the hot summer.☼ hopefully the berries will be keeping me busy then. Have planted strawberries in a topsy-turvy planter and at a friends we have blue and black berry plants in, so heres hoping to be doing some canning this summer ( or at least a cobbler or two). My tomato plants are doing well have a few blooms on a couple of them and the others are looking strong and healthy. Getting ready to put in a watermelon mound tomorrow and planted a couple of cucumbers today. So that means that I have: tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, onions, garlic, squash, strawberries, cucumbers, watermelons, basil, cilantro, thyme, and several mints thus far in the garden. Thinking about doing some mustard greens, carrots, and beans as well. posting a few pictures and a video as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little T thought your video was great.You must be in heaven being able to plant that much!
I can't wait to get started but we're not allowed to plant here till after mother's day.. we might try to smudge, it's been a gentle winter.
hugs
mE

skinny minny said...

not sure if I am in Heaven being able to plant this much BUT I will be if they all start producing for me.