Tuesday, March 08, 2011

slice of life first aid

Well, Texasblu did it she got me to write on here again. Her "Slice of Life" this week is First Aid. I have lots of first aid stories. I am a klutz I guess or maybe just don't have good depth perception but regardless makes for several moments in my life I wish I could rewind and watch from the other side to see how the heck did I do that! SOME of the moments really aren't due to anything I did or didn't do, SOME are due to what others did, but MOST are all on me and my clumsiness. I think I will try to write about several over the next few days just for fun and exercising of my mind.
So which first...?
How about one that really was just a weird accident of no one's making? my Broken toe.
When I was living in Malaysia the school would have what they called intersession for the middle schoolers (7&8th grades) where for a week you would get to go away to some "exotic" local with some of the other students. There were about 10 or so locals to choose from you picked your top three and somehow the school placed all of us in the varying places. It was a fun week. It was the year I was in 8th grade I can't remember where I went might have been Port Dickson I know it was a beach. anyway there were bunk beds, I slept on the top bunk. On the last night there ( pretty sure it was the last night but we may have been there one more night) I...umm...was sleeping dancing and tripped over the bar that is there to keep you in and fell off the bunk! I did not wake up! the others heard me fall ( or rather land) and came and helped me back up into my bunk the teacher there ( can't remember her name) told me later she was amazed that i didn't wake up with the fall. About 20 minutes later I woke up in tears trying to figure out why my toe was hurting so bad. I went and woke up the teacher and she told me what had happened and I can't remember what we did that night but maybe some ice (?) but the knowledge of why it was hurting may have been enough to calm me down so I could sleep. I do remember the dream I was having which is why i say I was sleep dancing not walking in the dream I was boogieing my little 8th grade heart out! Amazingly I still remember enough of that dream that I could tell you with whom I was dream dancing. You know all they can do for a broken toe? Tape it to the one next to it strange as it sounds that really did help with the pain. That is until my P.E. teacher didn't believe me and made me run track told me if I didn't she would fail me! Then the vice principal ( who was at the intersession with me) saw me running track and asked her why I was running with a broken toe she told him she didn't believe I had a broken toe he said he was there when it happened and I had a doctors note and I most certainly was NOT to be running and it would NOT affect my grade. Ruined me for running though I still run on the outside of that foot and hate running. Took rhythm and dance for my P.E. credit the next year. :)
go read the other first aid slices of life.

2 comments:

FranE said...

Glad you finished the story for me. Bad, bad teacher.
Hugs

Pirate Princess said...

Oh wow - running on a bad toe. I'd have issues from running too. :P

That's a fun story!